Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wow!

My title of this post says it all! Wow, am I in love! Wow, has my life changed! Wow is my baby boy a pure joy! Wow, am I tired! Burke is one week and four days! Greg and I have had a full week. With lots of help from my mom...who has been an absolute God send. We are so thankful she was able to come stay with us for nine days! She taught us a lot of things, made many suggestions that actually worked, and insisted that I take naps (which I so desperately need)! Greg has been an awesome daddy as I always knew he would be. He is super calm with Burke and doesn't crack under pressure. I am doing well. It has been an adjustment for me physically, as I am not used to going without sleep. I am tired and maybe a tad emotional, but other than that we are all doing well. I am quite nervous when Greg goes back to work on Thursday, but I know Burke and I will do just fine. I just have to remind myself of that!

Burke met his cousins today! They were disappointed that all he did was sleep. I never mentioned that my sister was awesome when I was in the hospital! She was my own private nurse (both her and my mom are RN's). Heather and my mom have offered so much help, pointers, advice, etc. I am so thankful for them. Wow, life sure has changed! Keep in mind I used to be such a know it all! Uhm...not on babies! Enjoy the pictures of our little peanut. He is so little. I forgot to mention he got down to 5 pounds 11 ounces. That was majorly scary and stressful. Luckily, we started formula and he is putting on some weight. He gained 10 ounces and we were so thankful and happy! Enjoy the pictures!








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are the kids wearing their "t-shirts", glad things are going so well, he might be in kindergarten by the time I get your gift in the mail...sleep when he sleeps period, once your help is gone if his eyes are closed so are yours, got it?? yes that was an order!

Carrie said...

Wow is right! He looks great and so do you. I can imagine how scared you must have been to have him lost a pound - I'm glad that he's gaining what he lost - he'll be back to birthweight in hours or days, I'm sure! I'm also so glad to know that you and Greg will have some time together just the three of you before he goes back to work - that's a special time. As much as I love when my mom comes to help, there's always sort of a peace when she leaves, because we know we only have each other and we're a team (well, maybe there was a little panic the first time - but it quickly turned to peace!). What a handsome boy-
Love, Carrie

Anonymous said...

He is just precious! Congratulations!!!