Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Riley!


Today my first baby boy turns five! Five years ago Riley was born in Humble, Texas. On Christmas Eve, I found an add in the Houston Newspaper for a Bulldog. I called the breeder and asked if she had any left. She said, she didn't have anymore that were in the paper, but that another liter had just been born on the 17th of December. That they would be ready on Valentine's day!

I have so enjoyed having Riley. He was literally my first baby. He has lived in Texas, North Dakota, and then back to Texas. He has been my friend when I knew no one and was new to an area. He has slept beside my bed when my RA was ugly. He has heard me cry when I couldn't understand why I couldn't have a baby. We have had many fun times too! He loves car rides, he loves playing with his bone and dumbbell, and he loves watching me make a salad as he loves carrots and green peppers...raw of course ! And now he is about to have a baby in his house. A baby that will surely drive him crazy, who will cry at all hours of the night, who will enjoy having toys scattered from one room to the other, and a baby that will take almost all of my attention. Poor Riley, life will never be the same!

So today, I got up bright and early and made him an egg with carrots and green peppers sprinkled on top! He was thrilled! Happy Birthday Riley! Thanks for being my first baby! I will always love you, even when your baby brother arrives!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet!

Wendy said...

Oh my gosh this is so sweet. He takes the cutest pictures. :)

amybeth said...

Happy birthday Riley!! Our Georgia will always be our first "baby" as well. We celebrate our "Gotcha Day" with her on Monday.