Sunday, September 14, 2008

Darn you, Ike!

Hi friends! I wanted to let you know that Greg and I are doing fine. Our house made it through the hurricane and we are so thankful for that. We are so fortunate that the Railroad sent us to Ft. Worth. We are staying here until power is restored in our area. Our dear neighbors are watching our house and using our kitchen as we have a gas stove. We are so thankful that they stuck around and are willing to take care of everything. We owe them big time! From what we are hearing Houston is a mess. My neighbor said she waited three hours for a bag of ice. Please pray for all the people of the Houston/Galveston area.

Our big day is canceled though. I told myself when we left on Thursday that more than likely I wouldn't have my appointment for my BIG ultrasound on Monday. I cried big time yesterday when I realized it wouldn't happen. I cried mainly, because I wanted to hear that everything was fine. Yes, I wanted to know if we have a little Alicia or a little Greg growing in my tummy, but mainly I wanted to know that my medication wasn't doing anything harmful to our baby. I won't be hearing that tomorrow. I don't know when I will have the ultrasound. I am going to call tomorrow, but who knows if they will even be open. I am not going to feel sorry for myself. People have it much worse than we do, and I am just thankful that tonight we are sleeping in a cool hotel, our house is ok, and we have wonderful neighbors.

Again, I ask that you pray for all of the people of Houston/Galveston. They are currently saying it could be 2-4 weeks before Electricity is restored. And keep in mind this is Houston, TX where it is still 90 degrees. I'll keep you all updated.

Love,

Alicia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alicia,

I am a relatively new reader and am happy to hear you came through the storms safely. Also, congratulations on the beautiful baby.

I have a question which you can completely ignore and you may have already answered in your blog (I will have to read more of the past entried). Are you still planning to adopt from China? Please feel free to not answer the question if I am going too far.

Thank you for keeping up the beautiful blog and congratulations again on the baby!

Many prayers.
RBC

Wisteria MacBain said...

I'm so glad to hear your house made it through the storm! I'm sending you some good mojo!!

Cheers,
Marcy

Carrie said...

Alicia - I'm sorry about your appointment! Hopefully you can get in real soon and see that perfect baby! Just think - now when you see him/her, he'll/she'll have just that many more details that you wouldn't have seen this week. Let me know when you're back - hopefully you have power now - we got ours back on Wednesday.

amybeth said...

Happy two year LID! Thanks for signing our blog. I have been checking on you every day to see how your ultrasound goes.
Enjoy today- hopefully we won't have too many more years to wait for our girls.
-Amybeth
CWA LID 9-5-06