Thursday, July 24, 2008

11 Weeks!

My friend said to me last night "you haven't updated this week". I am really not good at posting this often. Plus there really isn't much to say. I will tell you this, in the past I have not been the most sympathetic person when it comes to "morning sickness". I'm always like "yeah..whatever...you get to be pregnant, stop your complaining". So it has been very difficult for me to admit that Morning Sickness is very real. That it can get the best of you. Now, I will never complain about not feeling the best, but I definitely don't feel like the old Alicia. I have tried to down play the nausea, but let's be honest....it has been ugly. I have vomited on a few occasions, but for the most part it is just this constant nausea. I thought I was through it, but this week, well my body wanted to remind me that I am very pregnant!!

I am also tired beyond description. I could sleep all day. I make myself get up at 6:00 a.m. to go and walk. Today I was thrilled that "Dolly" is creating some rain in Houston and I couldn't go outside to walk. Yay! But now I know I must clean my house, and well, I don't really want to do that either. I would prefer rest on the couch! Keep in mind I was out last night until 11:30 playing cards with my card group that meets once a month. Unfortunately, I did terrible. Oh well, it was nice visiting with the girls!

We get to see the baby on Monday! We can't wait!! Do you all remember when Tom Cruise bought Katie an ultrasound machine? I thought how incredibly strange. Let me tell you...if I had the money I would! I would love to hear the baby's heart beat every morning and see our baby growing strong and healthy.

I am 11 weeks 4 days pregnant. It is a wonderful feeling. Last night at cards three out of six girls were pregnant! How fun! Please keep Sarah, who is due Sept. 28 and Carrie, who is due in March, in your prayers also.

See you next week!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I am leaving a comment, because I know you like them - good update! Thanks for the prayer request for me - I had my ultrasound today and saw the strong heartbeat. Couldn't get a good measurement today because of a uterine "shadow", so I get another ultrasound next week - lucky me! Can't wait to hear how your appt. goes next week!

Heather said...

Alicia,

Thank you for the well wishes you left on our blog. I got caught up on your blog tonight and all I can say is WOW....congrats to you and Greg. I will keep your family in my prayers. You must thrilled beyond words.

Heather

Karin said...

agh. nausea... I gag while brushing my teeth when I'm not pregnant... I just got used to throwing up everyday after a while... :) glad you're not that bad! and the tiredness will pass too! I loved having an excuse to be lazy and watch tv! I still do now, I just don't have a good excuse!

....looking forward to next week!

Karin

Wisteria MacBain said...

I'm thinking of you, Alicia! I love reading your updates! I hope your next appointment goes great!

Cheers,
Marcy