Tuesday, July 15, 2008

10 Weeks!!

I usually only post about once a month, but there is just so much excitement that I can't contain myself. I have made many friends through the blogging world and most of them post quite often. So, I'm going to start posting at least weekly. I hope I don't bore you to death!

Our house is the happiest house we have ever had. Greg and I walk around with a permanent smile on our face. Saturday after church we went to dinner with our friends Darin and Dionne and all their family. We had a nice time. While driving home Greg said "I'm just so happy". My heart danced to hear that. I have to agree, I too am just so happy!

I feel really good. I have had a little bit of nausea, but nothing major. I continue to walk and I must say today kicked my butt! I just felt exhausted. I wasn't half way done and I wanted to turn around. I kept trucking...knowing my exercise will keep me healthy and keep the blood flowing!

I started Lovenox (blood thinner) on Tuesday of last week for the Factor V. I give myself a shot every morning at 6:00 a.m. Through the years I have had to take shots for my RA. Many days I would skip my shot. It hurt, or I forgot, or some other lame excuse for missing my shot. Let me tell you this is one shot I do NOT forget. The Mama clock in me wakes up every day at 6:00 for this shot. It isn't a big deal to take the shot, it is however, a HUGE deal if I don't do it.

Greg is in Ft. Worth today and I didn't like him leaving. I have great neighbors though and I know if I need anything they will be here for me. Tomorrow I get to see all my Bunko/Texas Hold Em' friends for a day of swimming. I am looking forward to seeing them all. This summer has went rather quickly, but I am going to miss my time at the lake this year. My OB doesn't want me any further than three hours away. There is nothing better than being on the boat with the sun beating down on me...well, actually there is....being PREGNANT!

One last thing. The blogging world is amazing! I have come across some amazing blogs, blogs of courage, loss, adoption, faith, etc. I have also realized that there are so many woman out there struggling with one thing or another. I have met a lady by the name of Michelle. She was one of the first people to know I was pregnant. I posted on another blog that I was praying for a lady that I feared had Factor V. I mentioned that I was pregnant with Factor V. Michelle read my post and came by my blog and said, simply, she was praying for me. I went to Michelle's blog to find out who she was. I read and read. Then I came across Bring the Rain friends. And there it was...my name...Michelle has a list of people that she thinks needs prayer. I cried, oh boy did I cry. Michelle, I do not know you yet, but you made my day when I saw that you did that. It amazes me how many wonderful people there are in this world. People who think others are important. People who take the time to pray for so many others, despite what is going on in their own lives. Oh boy...here I go again...crying. Thank you Michelle. Now, I am asking all of you to read Michelle's blog and Bring the Rain and that you will pray for Michelle's daughter and Audrey's family.

Until next week....

Alicia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!

I pray for you EACH AND EVERY DAY!! Thanks for the nice words!!!