Thursday, May 21, 2009

Burkie is 4 Months Old!







Can y'all believe my baby boy is 4 months?! Time is just flying by. We saw Burke's Pediatrician today. The Doctor said Burke is doing fabulous! Burke weighed 14 pounds 4 ounces and was 25 inches long. He is in the 50% for weight and height. He is just perfect. So what has Burke been up to lately?

The biggest news is that Burke rolled over about three weeks ago! He has done it three times. Burke likes Tummy time now too. He prefers it over being on his back in fact. He also sleeps on his tummy now. With his Plagiocephaly we had to do something to get him off his head. It was so frustrating because when he was on his back it didn't matter how much we propped him when we would check on him he would be looking at the prop. Which wasn't helping his Plagiocephaly. We bought the Angel Care monitor which is basically a monitor that can tell Burke is moving and thus means he is breathing. Burke does not quite sleep through the night though. He goes to bed around 9:00 and wakes up around 4 or 5:00 in the morning. Also around 1:00 I hear him and get up and put his paci in. I am not tough. I can't let him cry. He is just too sweet to do that too! These first months go so quick. I just remind myself that someday I will miss holding him at 4:00 in the morning!

Burke LOVES his Bumbo! He loves to look around at everyone. Burke sits outside while I water the plants in it, he sits in when I cook, clean, wash bottles, he just loves it!

Burke enjoys watching Baby Einstein DVD's and he is just adorable when he watches that show. I never would have believed a baby can enjoy a video but they can! It will hold his attention for the whole 25 minutes. He only gets to watch it one time per day as I am kind of freaky about TV for my baby. Watching the DVD allows me sometime to get on the computer! ha!

Burke is smiling big time. He is talking a lot more too. He is still quite serious when he takes a bath, but I am getting more smiles. And a few splashes too!

My poor baby has allergies. They have been pretty bad. Mainly itchy eyes, sneezing, and congestion. He takes Benadryl about every other day until he is old enough then we will start Zyrtec. Poor little guy.

Burke had his pictures taken this week. The amazing Sarah Kealing, took them. I will try to share them with you if I can get permission. I've seen four of them, and well, they are adorable!

Tomorrow we are going to buy Burke's high chair. I had found the high chair I wanted when I bought the dream stroller. Well, Greg gave me the ok to get the dream high chair. I'll take pictures tomorrow! The reason we are buying a high chair is that Burke gets to start cereal! We just found out today by his Pediatrician. How exciting! I can't wait to see him try cereal!

Burke is a drooling maniac! He is drooling all the time. He also chews on his hand as often as possible. Along with my should, arms, blankets, etc. Anything that can go in his mouth he is trying to suck/chew on. The Pediatrician said he is probably starting to cut teeth, but it could be months before they appear.

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day. It was just the best. I thought a lot about last year and how I was so incredibly sad. How I had no idea that just a year later I would have my very own baby boy!

We had Burke's Dedication at the church on Saturday. Our good friends and neighbors came to the Dedication and then we went out for supper. It was a very special evening. On Sunday, we just stayed home. Burke got me a picture frame that I LOVE! Greg, thank you so much. You impress me more and more by how much you pay attention to my likes and wants. And then Burke and Greg got me an iphone! I have to say the iphone is amazing and there truly is an application for everything! Greg just pampered me all day. He got me donuts for breakfast and fixed me a yummy steak for supper.

We are going round and round with our insurance to get Burke's helmet approved. The helmet is NOT cheap and we really don't want to have to pay out of pocket. We have been denied two times. Each time they have wanted more information and they have now asked again. It really is ridiculous. I got very upset the other day. I can't take it personally, but I do. I am hoping third times a charm! Burke's PT continues to go well. He still prefers to look to his left. But his muscle in his neck is not as tight..which is a good thing. And he does turn his head more and more.

Is there anything else to tell you? Humm...Well a little about me. I've been asked about how my RA is doing. Well, about six weeks ago it came back. Darn it! And unfortunately it still hasn't calmed down. I am back to taking Remicade. But it hasn't started working yet. My RA is mainly in my hips right now. That is where it was when I first was diagnosed and when I had some discomfort in my pregnancy. I am fighting through it. I try not to think about it. I am a mom and Burke is my first concern. These old joints will eventually get better. They always have...

Oh and I had two of my friends come see Burke and I! We had a great time and it was wonderful to see them both!

My sister and her family will be here for Memorial Day weekend. We are having friends over for a BBQ so it should be a fun time!

I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for stopping by!

Love,

Alicia

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What a full-of-news post! You didn't mention your move, though - of course, I know about it and your Facebook friends know about it. Sounds like Burke had a fabulous dr. visit. What is your dream highchair? I must know.....Orbit doesn't make one, right? I saw a couple of the Kealing portraits on Facebook - my, is she good or what? That picture party is sounding more and more like an idea!

Wisteria MacBain said...

He is so cute!! Love all those pics!!