Saturday, June 30, 2007

Where did June go?



We have had a busy month. I just got back from my parents house where we enjoyed the lake. I wanted to go to Ft. Hood to see my friend Suzanne for the 4th of July. Things did not work out as Greg was working and felt left out. So I am staying home. We may go to a BBQ with our friends that we have met through our adoption if we don't get rained out.
I hired a Personal Trainer at 24 Hour Fitness. I have been doing fantastic...just had to brag a little! I am down 15 pounds in 38 days! Yahoo for me! We have been counting calories and it is really working. Greg is down seven pounds too! With his job it is hard for him to exercise. But he is doing great too. Since I am paying a trainer I never miss a workout!!


Last week my sister, nieces and I made a trip to our parents in Missouri. We were there four full days and had a fun time. Summer rode the tube and thought that was just the best thing! Of course we had to monitor our speed in RPM's because we were going so slow!!! We boated and played on the boat dock each day. My nieces did wonderful again on the trip there. I feel like we are asking a lot of them to make the trip so I could never say they did bad. We had bad road conditions so our 12 hour trip became 15 hours. As an adult you want to scream so you can imagine how a 15 month old reacts. The long trip was well worth it. Seeing my parents is always fun. I can't wait for them to be grandparents again.


We are nine months "Paper Pregnant". When we started the process we were told our wait would be 8-10 months. So we figured we would have a normal pregnancy. As we all know things have changed drastically. We are now praying that we will get our daughter in early 2009. It is very mind boggling to think we will be waiting that long. I would prefer to believe it could be that long rather than keep thinking that it won't be and then be more disappointed. We have looked into other countries but China seems to still be the right fit for us. We continue to ask for your prayers in bringing our Mari home.

We hope you all have a fun and safe 4th of July! Take care.

Love,
Alicia




No comments: